(boost the signal)
Charles Ramsey is a hero. He doesn’t wear a suit of high-tech armor. He doesn’t wear a cape. He’s just an ordinary guy,living an ordinary life.
Then, he saw a woman asking for help.
And he helped her.
He didn’t walk away.
He didn’t think of himself.
He just helped her.
It took less than a day for someone to make this heroic man into a joke.
As proud as Charles Ramsey makes me to be a human, those people make me ashamed.
No, he doesn’t speak perfectly.
No, he didn’t take the time to fix his hair before he went on camera.
He’s an African American man from an economically depressed neighborhood, city, and state.
And for that, he’s mocked and ridiculed.
It breaks my heart.
Now, in yet another heroic moment Mr. Ramsey’s response to Anderson Cooper’s inquiry about a possible reward Charles has proven he’s truly worthy of the hero mantle.
No, no, no. Bro, I’m a Christian, an American, and just like you. We bleed same blood, put our pants on the same way. It’s just that you got to put that – being a coward, and I don’t want to get in nobody’s business. You got to put that away for a minute…I tell you what you do, give [the reward] to them. Because if folks been following this case since last night, you been following me since last night, you know I got a job anyway. Just went picked it up, paycheck. What that address say? […] 2203 Seymour. Where are them girls living? Right next door to this paycheck. So yes, take that reward and give it to—that little girl[.]
Thank you Charles Ramsey.Thank you.The full interview w/ Anderson Cooper can be found here.
(via asugarprince)Source: bubbleslayer
- bikinibabes9 likes this
- captain-roberts-d-marvelous likes this
- ashalexandthedaleks reblogged this from make-the-dead-love
- the-jerk-to-my-bitch likes this
- make-the-dead-love reblogged this from keepyoursecretsinthedark
- lotsofcatsandcheapwine reblogged this from timetraveling-detective
- lotsofcatsandcheapwine likes this
- rewritingtheadventure reblogged this from make-the-dead-love
- anthonypadildosflamingo reblogged this from timetraveling-detective
- anthonypadildosflamingo likes this
- malec-is-on-fire reblogged this from timetraveling-detective
- timetraveling-detective reblogged this from make-the-dead-love
- sociopathinhellwiththetardis likes this
- leslie-monster-insanity reblogged this from iou-an-impala
- leslie-monster-insanity likes this
- timelady-left-at-the-barricade likes this
- iou-an-impala reblogged this from make-the-dead-love
- losetheabilitytocan likes this
- spazzcat reblogged this from fill-up-my-senses
- spazzcat likes this
- youarenotnothing likes this
- lettheuniversescollapse reblogged this from leviathanintherecoveryroom
- ideanmywaythroughpies likes this
- leviathanintherecoveryroom reblogged this from make-the-dead-love
- coco-butterfly likes this
- golden-poppy-crafts likes this
- my-omnioculars reblogged this from tasteofadeadsun
- my-omnioculars likes this
- for-yourlove reblogged this from tasteofadeadsun
- flammableskirts likes this
- coquinecam likes this
- myownsweetescape likes this
- stitchedwithgood-intentions likes this
- lizjamesbitch likes this
- prettyisfit reblogged this from heyfitblr
- eatsleepmusic-life likes this
- badwolfin221bbakerst reblogged this from realnerdyboy
- intheirhonor likes this
- icantwrite-poetry likes this
- hashmasterharrison reblogged this from hushed-under-the-lights
- hushed-under-the-lights reblogged this from noirblanchegris
- nickelbackstaind likes this
- prettymodelchick reblogged this from nellzinageorge
- chihuli likes this
- obsessedavatard125 likes this
- bishoujoprince reblogged this from heartsyhawk
- heartsyhawk reblogged this from crazyvagina
- atomicturtles likes this
- sansaholmes likes this
- midorimacchan likes this